If you are having that “There is so much I want to do and not enough time to do it in” feeling where you want to hit up your favorite golf courses, casinos and fishing holes, just say Oh My Mississippi. You can do it all. Whether you like the bluesy upstate closer to Tennessee, the lush country side of the midlands or the beaches of the Gulf Coast, there is plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty to come back for.
Linda Hornsby, Executive Director of the Mississippi Hotel and Lodging Association, joins host Shan Coughlin for the inaugural Tee It UP Mississippi radio broadcast to share some great information for those who may not know all that Mississippi has to offer. With it’s ideal weather and varied terrain, it’s no wonder that Mississippi has become more and more popular and here are just a few more reasons why:
● over 140 courses designed by world-renowned names like Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Jerry Pate and Tom Fazio.
● Year-round golf weather with temperate conditions throughout five distinct regions – The Hills, Delta, Capital/River, Pines and Coastal.
● Mississippi plays host to two annual PGA TOUR events: The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic of the PGA Champions Tour, played at Fallen Oak in March; and the Sanderson Farms Championship of the PGA TOUR, played at the Country Club of Jackson in November.
● The birthplace of blues, rock ‘n’ roll and country music, you are never at a loss for a great night of entertainment.
● World-famous, authentic Southern cuisine can be found around every corner offering savory barbecue, fresh seafood and French-Cajun delicacies.
Over the last few decades, Mississippi has become a true mecca of the gaming industry, complete with upscale shopping, luxurious spas and internationally acclaimed golf courses. Tunica and the Gulf Coast are among the Top 10 gaming destinations in the United States. You can also enjoy star-studded entertainment at the casinos, and dine in some of the finest restaurants in the state. From the Hard Rock to the Beau Rivage, the Gold Strick to the Island View, there are large and small venues featuring southern hospitality and opportunities to win.
With golf packages starting as low at $125 per golfer per night double occupancy and the ability to customize the experience for you, Linda and her staff are happy to make your tee times, charter your fishing boat, arrange for show tickets, and answer all of your questions to make your next trip to Mississippi great. Golf Mississippi, your Golf Destination on the Gulf Coast.
CLICK HERE to download the podcast of the conversation between Shan And Linda on this inagural edition of Tee It Up Mississippi about the Golf Courses, Casinos and Fishing Oh My in Mississippi.